Announcing the Federal Government’s Home Builder Grant
The Federal government announces a $688m scheme to kickstart the construction industry during this uncertain time. Are you ready to build your new home?
Building a new home is one of the largest, most significant decisions we make in our lifetime. It is also one of the most memorable times.
The enormous Home Builder Grant package does come with some criteria as well an expiry…so don’t wait around until it’s too late!
To access HomeBuilder, owner-occupiers must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a natural person (not a company or trust);
- You are aged 18 years or older;
- You are an Australian citizen;
- You meet one of the following two income caps:
- $125,000 per annum for an individual applicant based on your 2018-19 tax return or later; or
- $200,000 per annum for a couple based on both 2018-19 tax returns or later;
- You enter into a building contract between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 to either: build a new home as a principal place of residence, where the property value does not exceed $750,000; or substantially renovate your existing home as a principal place of residence, where the renovation contract is between $150,000 and $750,000, and where the value of your existing property does not exceed $1.5 million;
- Construction must commence within three months of the contract date
Information on when and how you will be able to access Home Builder will become available through the relevant State or Territory revenue office.
So, what can you build?
We are here to help! Our experienced team are able to assist you take the first or next leap into building your new home.
Start looking! We have home and land packages ready to build now to ensure you are able to reach eligibility sooner.
Call Thompson Sustainable Homes on 1300 90 40 40 for more information. We can help you secure you the best home and land package to suit your needs, budget and location!