When choosing which builder to use for their next home, people often wonder, what’s the difference? This article explains what we do differently from the other builders on the Sunshine Coast. Some of these points stand out, while others are more behind-the-scenes standards and practices that benefit our customers directly.
1. Fixed price contracts
When you commit to a house & land package with us, the price you see is what you end up paying. You’ll never incur extra fees or unexpected costs down the road. *
2. Full turnkey packages
We make sure when you move in there’s nothing left to be done. We take care of landscaping, paths, window furnishings and floor coverings. When we complete a build, everything is fully functional and ready to go.
3. Industry experience
We have over 50 years and 3 generations in the building industry. We know the business and how to get the best deals and you can rely on us to be here for many years to come.
4. Customer access
Our team of building industry professionals are at your disposal. Have a question? We’re always on hand to help you understand the home building and investing landscape.
5. In-house tradies and local suppliers
We have an experienced team of in-house tradespeople, apprentices and we support the community by using local suppliers and sub-contractors where possible.
6. Lower running costs
You’ll see reduced running costs due to high energy efficiency and the Thompson building methods. This frees you up to pay off your mortgage (or save for your next holiday!)
7. Customise your home
Every customer receives a free colour consultation with an interior designer in our fully stocked showroom so you can personalise your new home.
8. Superior insulation
We use a 75mm anticonvulsant blanket as insulation. This makes for a more comfortable living environment and reduced running costs.
9. Vermin protection
We use a Kordon Orange Blanket on the entire perimeter of the home. Your property will have long-term protection from any termites or other invaders.
10. Minimal VOCs
Our low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) construction method means that when you move into a Thompson home you won’t get that toxic paint smell in the air, because it’s not there!
11. Fixed carpets
Mechanically fixed carpets don’t require glue. Less poison and chemicals used in the construction means a safer, more stable home environment.
12. Treated timber frame
Our certified T2 treated timber system provides better protection against bugs and vermin making our homes more sustainable and long-lasting.
We enjoy being part of the solution to housing affordability in Australia. If you want to get into your own home, get in touch with us today.
AND, If you know someone who will be interested, please share this article with them. You’ll be doing them a favour!
- Queensland builders are not required by law to provide fixed-price contracts.
- Energy efficiency helps you save on the running of your home. Every one of our homes feature a 7.5 energy star rating or higher.
- Insulation requirements vary depending on climate zones.
- Termite protection is essential in Australia. We choose to protect your property over the long term with our termite blanket.
- Low VOCs mean a healthier living environment that lasts longer with low maintenance costs.
- Our specially treated timber frames mean long lasting construction and protection from ants & vermin.
* The signing of the initial contract for the house & land package does not include any variations or upgrades.